Awesome Book Ideas To Give As Gifts For Women in Their Twenties
I love books, I enjoy giving them as gifts and researching the best ones. I also love receiving and reading them!
This article has lots of ideas of the best books to give women in their twenties..
There are a wide range of topics to choose from so if you're looking for a book as a gift, hopefully you'll be able to find one in the selection below.
If not, hopefully you'll get some ideas and inspiration!
*Please note as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. This means we may get a small commission for purchases made through amazon links in this article.*
101 Secrets For Your Twenties
This is a fantastic book which is jam packed full of advice for anybody who is in their twenties.
It's also a fun and easy read. You can read it cover to cover or dip in and out of it as you please. It's also very humorous with laugh out loud moments.
There are lots of nuggets of wisdom and advice in this book covering topics. Here are some secrets from the back page:
Secret #12: Your twenties will produce more failure than you’ll choose to remember. The key is: when you fail, don’t begin calling yourself a failure.
Secret #44: The Freshman-Fifteen is nothing compared to the Cubicle-Cincuenta. Don’t sit at your computer perched like a Roman gargoyle letting office birthday cake be forced upon you.
52 Ways To Lead a Kick Ass Life
Learn from somebody else's mistakes and wisdom at the beginning of your adult life and save yourself a lot of heartache with this book.
It is a no excuses guide which is inspirational and tells it like it is. Take action and step out of the box and create for the best life for yourself that it is possible.
This is the perfect gift for a 20 something who may be embarking on their adult journey after leaving college. It's also great if she's just moved on from a relationship. Or perhaps she is having a quarter life crisis. Even if life is going well, there is lots of great wisdom and advice in this book.
The Defining Decade: : Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now
Another great book for a college graduate or those that are not sure what to make of being in their twenties. Where should they be heading and why?
The book covers work, love, the brain and the body.
It advises you to take your twenties seriously and not always be misled by a culture that sometimes encourages your twenties as a time to get pointless jobs and go clubbing.
There is a great capacity for learning new skills and the neuroscience is there to back this up.
It's a practical book that makes you ask questions regarding your life, job, relationships, money and education and come up with answers for them.
Don't let your twenties slip by, enjoy them and make the most out of them.
Do Your Laundry Or You'll Die Alone: Advice Your Mom Would Give if She Thought You Were Listening
This is all the advice Mom's tell their daughters that is often forgotton in the time just after leaving home.
It's a fun gift book with lots of tips, advice and insights that 20 somethings can take with them when they are at college or moving out into the big bad world out there.
The text is not only fun but really useful and practical too. And it's one that you can read from cover to cover or dip in and out of when needed.
Year Of Yes
This book is about a journey Shonda Rhimes went.
She was busy, exhausted and stressed out with working and having 3 kids at home. After her sister pointed out she never said yes to anything, she decided to change her life by simply reversing that and saying yes to everything.
The book chronicles her life after her
Year of Yes had begun—when Shonda forced herself out of the house and onto the stage; when she learned to explore, empower, applaud, and love her truest self.
Tips for Finding the Best Book Gifts
- Do your research. What authors and books do they like? Is there a new book by their favorite author that's recently been published. Are there any similar books or authors that they haven't tried that you know they will like.
- If you're buying a practical book - think about what their hobbies are? Is there a book that would compliment their interests?
- Do they need help with something? Perhaps they lack confidence cooking but would like to do more - buy a beginner cookbook. Are they learning to drive? Would they like tips on learning a craft or other skill?
- Don't forget there are lots of fun books that make good lighthearted reads. Think about books such as "100 things to do before you turn 40.
- Look at bestseller lists to give you ideas such as The New York Times Bestseller List and the bestseller lists on amazon.
- Amazon is a great place to research and look at reviews and give you more ideas.
Fun, Lighthearted and Humorous Reads
Check out Buzzfeed's list of 32 books guaranteed to make you laugh out loud for some ideas.
One of my favorites is the book below.
Sh*t My Dad Says
After being dumped by his longtime girlfriend, twenty-eight-year-old Justin Halpern found himself living at home with his seventy-three-year-old dad and began to record all the ridiculous things his dad said to him:
"That woman was sexy. . . . Out of your league? Son, let women figure out why they won't screw you. Don't do it for them."
"The worst thing you can be is a liar. . . . Okay, fine, yes, the worst thing you can be is a Nazi, but then number two is liar. Nazi one, liar two."
Occasions to Buy a Book as A Gift
There are lots of themed books you can give when people are leaving or going away somewhere. For example, if they are going away to travel get them a book with tips on what to do when they get there. Here are some more ideas;
- Maternity gifts - buy them a baby or parenting book.
- Leaving to go to college - textbooks, book vouchers, fun books on coping with life away from home.
- Graduation Gift - a fantastic keepsake for a milestone in their lives.
- Leaving a job - perhaps they're going to study or go to another job. Find them a book they'll love as a going away gift.
- As a Secret Santa present.
- For a stocking filler
- You can get lots of themed books for birthday gifts such as 30 things to do before your thirty, or forty things to do now your 40.
More Help to Find the Perfect Book
- What did they last watch on TV - if they have recently watched a popular TV series or movie you might find a book that is the perfect tie in.
- Are there interests that your share or things you do together? - If you like doing stuff together than that may give you some inspiration about the kind of books to buy. Perhaps you like the same music or sport. Perhaps you have a hobby you both share. Or perhaps you like reading the same genre of books.
-Ask their friends and family what they like. Their closest friends and family may have more of an insight into what they might like to read so don't forget to ask their advice.
Cookbooks as Gifts
There are tons of cookbook ideas out there. It's well worth checking on amazon to see what is popular at the moment.